How many items did you have in your baby registry?

I was just curious what the average number of things people asked for in their registries. I had fewer than 50 things but I saw a friends' recently and she had over 200.

Lindsay4JD

Asked by Lindsay4JD at 12:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go with 50. At Babies R Us, we turned in our 2 page list with the things we NEEDED and the woman who worked there told us the average was 10 pages. Why would you want to register for a bunch of things you don't actually need and end up buying what you really need later?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• There's a good book Baby Bargains that gives a lot of advice on what's actually necessary and what's a waste of money. Most of it's fairly common sense, but the advertisement can be powerful and overwhelming for a first time parent...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I dont remember. I registered at two different places so somethings I was registered for twice (because I knew half of the people wouldnt be able to go to one of the places). I would say somewhere between 50-100. I agree, register for what you need, maybe a couple of other cute random things and be done with it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I never had a baby registry, I dont like the idea of basically telling my friends and family what to get me. But I knew a girl who had 40 things on hers.
    Anonymous

• We didn't put a ton on.... to increase the chances of getting things we really NEEDED rather than wanted. We didn't register for any clothes because you will get those from people anyway. I think we probably had about 50 things at each place (we did ours at Babies R Us and Target because of the different places people lived and we didn't put the same thing on each)
    IN the end we probably got about half of what we wanted.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009