IAM A STAY AT HOME MOM WHY DO A FATHER THINK JUST BECAUSE HE WORK AND ON HIS DAYS OFF HE COULD JUST LAY AROUND LIKE THERE IS NOTHING 2 DO

friend22

Asked by friend22 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Why don't you ask him? I don't have that problem so it's not a 'father' thing.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Because he can. Get a job yourself and than you can lay around on your days off too.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I agree with legalmommy101. I don't have that problem. He is pretty good about doing laundry, helping keep up on the dishes and stuff like that.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Because the paycheck has his name on it. DH was the same way until his work cut his hours and now he has Fridays off (longer days M-TH but fridays off) and the first couple fridays he would lay around doing nothing (weekends have always been family plans) I started making lists of all the things I had to do and showed it to him and he just started picking the things he wanted to help me with. (I put 'manly' jobs on there like cutting the grass bc DH doesn't want the big bad machine to hurt me so he will say "o no you can't do this, I'll take care of this one" lol)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i don't have that problem because i'm not married. but if/when i ever do. i would want a M-W-F type of schedule. so we would each work every other day. and the other would watch baby. just to balance it out. and so he would know what its like.
    Anonymous

• Stop whining and get to work. That is what he is thinking. He works his butt off and so should you. Most moms now a days are lazy.
    Anonymous

• we don't have this problem. but I do know that my husband doesn't care nearly as much about 'a nice looking clean house' as I do. Maybe men aren't as concerned about a perfect looking house as women.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Ah I don't mind it when my husband lays around on his days off. In fact I wish he would do more laying around, he works very hard on his days off. I'd rather him relax and take it easy.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Stop doing things for him..He will have to do things then. Sit down with him and just be honest with him. About your issues.

Answer by louise2 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• how can you say that stay at home moms are lazy? and that he deserves to sit around just b/c it is his day off? i have done both, working and stay at home. and let me tell you i still had to come home; cook, clean, laundry, baths and all that good stuff. so why should it be any different for him? and as for now as a stay at home mom, i do even more than i did when i worked so who gives a rats butt who's name is on the check? i work just as hard as he does, if not harder and i don't get a day off. and the kid i'm taking care of, he had a part in making that kid so he has just as much responsibility in taking care of her
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009