What do you think about Gov. Perry's comment on Texas' secession from the USA?

I am flabbergasted, speechless and shocked!

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe that's the reason Texas is considering it because they actually have independent thoughts. Away from the ignorance and ridiculous ideas, spend more, go in debt more that'll make it better. I have an idea why don't all of you who believe in Obamanomics, do as he is doing....spend, spend spend, make sure to do so way above your means and without recourse. Borrow, borrrow, borrow, way above your means and then who cares don't worry about how it gets paid back. See if that works for ya, I think if I maxed out all my credit cards got somemore, maxed out the equity in everything we have Igo bankrupt. I think that's where our country is headed. God Bless Texas.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 3:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I didn't hear the comment so if you have a link, that would be helpful.
    Anonymous

• Sorry. Here is the link. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I say "let's go!" This state is perfectly capable of being self-supporting,and we'd be just fine. Not to mention, we'd no longer be under the tyranny of our ego-crazed "president."
    Anonymous

• He is not the only governor to make such a remark. There have been others. SC for example. Nothing to be shocked over. Just a man running a state that sees the struggle they are having a voicing what many are thinking but don't have the nerve to say.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I say, "don't let the door hit you in the ass"
    Anonymous

• Good for them! It's about time the states take back the power they had originally. We, as the American people, have let our federal government walk all over us, taking away our power little by little. It doesn't seem as if there are ANY checks and balances right now. You have a democratic congress, a democratic president, and with two potential spots opening up on the Supreme Court during Obama's term, we'll probably end up seeing a very liberal judicial branch as well. Gone is the conservative and even moderate positions in our federal government and as we are seeing stupid decisions (like the Oregon beer tax from $2 a barrel to $52 a barrel) more and more people are going to get upset and fight back - - the tea parties yesterday was one example.
    Anonymous

• Well, the northeast wanted to secede in the early 1800's. The south, well, you know that story. Texas has done this before; however, there is still no amendment which grants the states the right to secede. It's an interesting idea though. They have been their own country before - Sam Houston was President!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Foreverb I don't think it was the govenor of SC to say that the state should seceeded. It's a group of people that are advocating the secession of SC. They also belong to a religion which I'm not sure of the name.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 1:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

_____

orly? texas could support and sustain itself without any help from the federal government?

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 1:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009