Is it normal to be showing just a little bit at 11 weeks pregnant?

Ashli_Lamar

Asked by Ashli_Lamar at 12:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You probably aren't showing, unless you are super tiny and skinny and the baby has nowhere else to go. I thought I was showing at 11 weeks too but it turns out pregnancy gives you really bad gas. And it makes you bloated. I bought some gas-x and take it once a day with my prenatals and dinner. Then when I wake up in the morning, no more belly. It also helps to excercise just a tiny bit, get your bowels moving so you don't get gas bubbles stuck in you all day. I'm 20 too and almost 14 weeks. This is my first pregnancy as well but I have a lot of love and support. If you don't have it, go buy "What to expect when you're expecting" It is the pregnancy bible! It will help with EVERY question you have.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i was showing at 11 weeks with my twins that i pg with now but with my other pregnancys i didnt start showing until around 15 weeks
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• NO

Answer by admckenzie at 1:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It's different for everyone. I started showing when I was only 8 weeks along. Of course, with this pregnancy, I have been eating non-stop. The weight gain in my belly could've been mostly fat. But, yes, it's possible. Don't let people fool you by swearing that this can't happen.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 1:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Usually you really start to show around 20 weeks, that's usually when you actually look prego and not just bloated. But when I was 12 weeks I had a little tiny bulge. No one could really see it unless they knew me. I was always thin and when I was 12 weeks instead of my belly being completely flat, it came out a little bit right over my pubic bone. If you have something like that, it's pretty normal. Around 12 weeks is when the uterus comes up above the pubic bone(I think). Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i started to get a baby bulge around 11 weeks but i still fit into my old stuff and if you saw me i just looked fat than pregnant
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 1:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i am now 16 weeks. but i was showing early too. this is my first i was getting scared and everyone was like your further along then you think but my doctor said im not further along . i only weighed 110 before i was pregnant. and i feel like a balloon already and i have a long way to go. i would say for some people it is normal and if you are thin. then yes. it shows quicker on thinner people :)
    mommy2be1308

Answer by mommy2be1308 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009