What to do to make my colicy baby feel better?

My baby will be a month old ont he 19th, and he is either consitpated or colicy...I dont what it is...He will cry for 2-3 hrs straight...And I try to consule him, but he stills crys! What do I do to make him feel better?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try any kind of motion.. a swing, a stroller, a ride in the car. Try holding him across your arm on his tummy... my daughter loved this position. General rule of thumb if it is colic... anything that makes YOU uncomfortable makes them more comfortable. ANything you can't do forever is what they like. lol. But really, the main person who needs help is you. Be sure that you have some help so you don't have to do the 2-3 hours straight all by yourself. If the crying really gets under your skin and you can't get it to stop, put him in his crib and take a 5 minute breather outside, It helps. Some people may tell you this is child abuse, but your baby IS ok... And it's better than the alternative, you getting so frustrated you accidently shake the baby or something (not that you would... but you see what I mean). Lots of people swear by the sling, but my baby didn't like being in a sling when she was colicky. Good luck
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i used mylicon drops when my son was colicy. they worked like a charm.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my daughter had colic and wanted to swing but only between my legs facing the ground holding her tummy. EmilySusan is right anything that kills you and breaks your back is what clams them down i used gripe water mylicon drops did nothing for her. i also had to talk to her doctor and get her forumla changed to nutramagin sp which is about $25 a can but worth every penny. you might also want to try a soy based formula. i have also heard that peppermint oil helps sooth a gassy belly but i live in a small town and couldnt find any but only use like a drop or two
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 1:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My son had all day colic for 5 months straight. Nothing seemed to really calm him at all. I just bounced him around the room all day. It was tough! good luck! Have you tried Gripe water? its small water drops and totally all natural and homeopathic.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I totally feel for you , my twins were the same way. I used GRIPE WATER for them. You can get it at Wal-mart or Babies-R-Us
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 2:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have to wrap mine up in our MOBY and go out for a walk, he starts by being fussy, but calms down by the time we get outside
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 2:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Take him outside. Seriously. If it's raining, stand under the porch. My daughter did this for the first three months of her life EVERY SINGLE EVENING at about 7:00 for an hour or so. Taking her outside and/or nursing her were the only things that worked.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• take him for a car ride
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009