spitting up...

My baby is 3 weeks and 1 day old and is eating 4 ounces every three hours. He spits up quite a bit afterward and can sleep for two hours and wake up a still spit up a little bit. Should I not be giving him so much? He acts like he's still hungry after three ounces. Another thing is he wont hardly burp. I try all the burping positions and try for a long time to get him to burp but nothing seems to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its formula, your baby will spit up for a while as far as I know until he adjusts to it. Its really hard for them to digest. As long as all of it isnt coming back up and he is still putting on weight I wouldnt worry about it. But you can discuss it with your doc and tell him that you would like to bring the baby in once a week just to drop him on the scale. You can also try switching formula. My baby still spits up when I eat something that doesnt agree with her.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Maybe you could try some soy formula.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• all babies spit up. its cuz their throats cant always hold it down. i would still keep giving him as much as he wants to eat. they will grow out of it. dont switch to soy unless the spitup is so bad he cant keep anyting down at all
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• not all babies butterfly, mine didn't ............. he could have acid reflux
    Anonymous

• Might be the formula.

I hear it makes babies vomit.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009