Am I ovulating now?

I have been keeping up with calculations of my ovulation cycle and last night and this morning when I went to the bathroom and I wiped (sorry, TMI) the discharge was milky-ish and thick. Normally I have no discharge. The websites I went to for fertility calculations say between today and Monday I ovulate.

So is the discharge I am seeing what is supposed to happen to let you know you are ovulating, have ovulated or are about to ovulate? Or is this the sign I have been waiting for that we need to baby dance now?

I have noticed inconsistencies in the website calculators and I want to make sure I have paid attention to the right signs and disregarded the ones not to be worried about.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Fertile mucus is clear, stringy and stretchy. If it is milky, white and thick, it's considered a not fertile time in your cycle. If it is slightly clear and milky, you could be approaching ovulation.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Your cervical mucus is the most fertile when it looks like raw eggwhites and stretches. It sounds like you are about to enter your most fertile phase...
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 1:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• This here is a picture of what cervical mucus should look like during or approaching ovulation:

http://www.beautifulcervix.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/day-19yonijuice1-222x300.jpg

littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Notice it's very stretchy and mostly clear.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Note that when they say "Egg Whites" they don't mean the colour white. They mean when you break a raw egg, all of the clear, stretchy parts that aren't the yolk. That is called the "Egg White". It's clear and stretchy and sticky.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 3:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009