They talk to much ...

What do you do if they dont stop talking .
No i dont mean like once in a while. They are umm..12,13,14.
And the boys, they talk and talk. Sometimes they say things that dont even make sense. Or like when were watching a movie...when its real quiet, one of them will start talking about this other movie, or what his friend did ..

These are my husbands siblings. We just took them in, and we try to talk to them a lot. Theyve always been like that. Like talking , constantly..

Do you think thats a lack of attention, or they do it on prupose when attention is not on them?

This is when they wake up, till they go to bed.
Expecially when im on the pone or wehn my husbnd and i are conversating..they just start talking, loud.

Weve both told them to linit thte talking, but them we feel bad, because maybe they need to talk.lol.

Can anyone relate? . They think because they say excuse me, its still okay to interupt.

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Worry when they STOP talking to you!

Interupting is not appropriate - but maybe they are just happy to be around the two of you.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Lol! Honey, it's NORMAL! Honestly! It is soooo normal! I have two brothers and a multitude of male cousins...IT'S NORMAL! I have four boys! The older two are 20 and 18 (my bonus sons) and I have raised them with my DH for over 11 years. My younger two are 10 and 7. From the time they wake up, till WAAAAAAY after bed time .... talk, talk, talk, talk!

Let them talk but remind them about manners! No talking with food in your mouth. Don't interrupt unless it's an emergency or REALLY important and even then you say, "Excuse me, may I please interrupt?", No talking during a movie (unless they whisper REAL quiet). I tell my younger two when we are watching a movie at home that if they want to go see the new HP movie this summer they have to learn to be quiet during the movies at home, otherwise they don't go! It works!

You are going to feel like a broken record...IT'S NORMAL!! It's okay...just take deep breath.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It does not sound like they were taught any manners..You need to teach them at certain time you do not interrupted people.  When the are just geting on your nerves..Just tell them to be quiet..Especially if your  doing something like on the phone,,watching tv,,on the computer.

Answer by louise2 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• LOL thank you ladies. My husband and i did find humor in this though.

He tells them hes going to have to buy everyone their own tape lol .. they laugh about it..I do to.
    I told hubs.." well that doesn't sound like a bad idea lol
    (JK)
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i SOOOOO thought the talking minimized as they got older lol..
    Glad to hear its just normal lol
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• * aMbeR012005

aMbeR...
    LOL thank you ladies. My husband and i did find humor in this though.

(JK)
    *********************************************************************
    No, seriously, BUY THE TAPE! They can even pick their own color of duct tape! You don't actually have to PUT it on them but if they are talking too much, just toss the roll at them (CATCH!) and they have to hold the roll in there hand with their arm out straight for 2 minutes...It will get their attention as well as help build some muscle! GRR! STRONG MAN! Hahaha!
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• just them that there times when you and your huaband need to talk about things or just want to spendtime together'ask them to respect that and to give both of you 1 hour alone at least and then all of you later can hang out and do something.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 6:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Gypsy , hmmm... you got me thinkng about it now lol
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009