So..They talk to much.

What do you do if they dont stop talking .
No i dont mean like once in a while. They are umm..12,13,14.
And the boys, they talk and talk. Sometimes they say things that dont even make sense. Or like when were watching a movie...when its real quiet, one of them will start talking about this other movie, or what his friend did ..

These are my husbands siblings. We just took them in, and we try to talk to them a lot. Theyve always been like that. Like talking , constantly..

Do you think thats a lack of attention, or they do it on prupose when attention is not on them?

This is when they wake up, till they go to bed.
Expecially when im on the pone or wehn my husbnd and i are conversating..they just start talking, loud.

Weve both told them to linit thte talking, but them we feel bad, because maybe they need to talk.lol.

Can anyone relate? . They think because they say excuse me, its still okay to interupt

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• IDK, my 13 y/o son has been talking non-stop since he was 7 months old. If you figure it out, let me know. He also has just made noises when he was little just to hear himself when he couldn't think of anything to say.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• LOL..
    ..LOL...
    ..took me a second to reply back. You had me in tears laughing lol...

oh gosh, thank you for that LOL
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• No prob. He is on spring break and at home while I am at work. He calls me just to tell me what he's watching on t.v. And what he's eating. He even still want's to sit in my bed before going to sleep "to talk to me" as if he hasn't talked my ear off all day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• your not alone. I got three girls sometimes 5 or more yapping in my ear. ( my own and family and scouts) yap yap yap. I love em anyway
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It's a kid thing, mine all yack non stop...non-stop. I have just learned to tune them out, and when watching t.v or a movie I but subtitles on, especially if I don't want to miss anything.

My 16 year old boy is the worst, he is everything you described....one day while sitting and eating dinner, he say's "Do you think animals would like porn?".....ah what? It was out of the blue, nothing leading up to it...just out of nowhere! Mind you his siblings and I were on the floor laughing hystarically. That though would be normal for him.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Nope it is just the mind of a child. Life as they know it will stop in that instant if they do not say what pops in their head lol> I have 3 boys and they all do the same thing..
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 3:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• yea i noticed that. it takes a lot fromthem to really juststop talking .I think they just have to let it out.
    I was thinking to how theywerent really paid any attention with their parents..so they probably feel relieved here at our house... yea
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• they may just want to tell you everything in the world,
    but most likely they need that attention, it can really mess a child up if they dont get it,
    they wil get it one way, they can act out to get attention, and no one likes that.

be glad its only talking.
    Anonymous

• My 8 yr old daughter does this. My 14 yr old says "She just wants to hear herself talk mom" Maybe they talk out of nervousness.? IDK I rather that then silence.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Your not alone. Not much you can do, try to tune them out? My niece has been talking nonstop since she started talking at 2 yrs old. Enjoy the talking, you never know what can happen and you may not have any talking.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009