what did they do at you ultrasound?

i had my ultrasound and they mesured everything the baby had. her head, bones, feet, kidneys, brain, heart, lips, nose. i am talking EVERYTHING! My u/s was about an hour long to do both babies. Did they do this because i am havieng twins or is this what they normaly do now? It has been 5 years since my last child. I am 20 weeks.

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 1:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they just looked at everything on me. It took about 25 mins. they did measure him. It took so long cause he was being difficult and would not give us a good BOY picture.
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 1:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Nope thats normal. The measure EVERYTHING! The bones give them an idea how much baby is growing and how far along you are. Kidneys and stuff to make sure they are developing okay, the measure the fluid, the 2 halfs of the brain, 4 quadrants of the heart, so on and so on. It can take a while, especially if you are carrying double!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• That sounds pretty normal.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• THEY ALWAYS TAKE HE MEASUREMENT OF THE BABY AND CHECK TO SEE IF THINGS ARE GOOD
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 2:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009