Do you have the option to choose who you will be sharing a room after the delivery?

If your insurance does not cover private room you most likely be sharing a room with a stranger. Someone told me that hospitals tend to place patients by last name. I don't think this is true. Anyhow what has been your experience with your "roommate" during your stay at the hospital and if you have some advice for future moms in regard to this please tell us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The hospital I delivered my son at I was supposed to share a room, but they ended up not many people had delivered in a few days so I got to be by myself. I was told though upon check in that if I didnt like my room mate then it could be arranged that I be moved if possibe they wuld let me do it. But if they dont have all the rooms full then they wont put you in with anyone.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• IDK HUN MY HOSPITAL THAT IM GOING TO GIVES PEOPLE THIER OWN ROOMS
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 1:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• IDK, I had my own room after they moved me from the birthing suite. I would have stayed in the suite, but, too many were having kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• IDK either. I never had to share a room. I didn't realize hospitals still did that.
    evanaudrey

Answer by evanaudrey at 2:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Get my own room. Lucky for me my insurance covers it. and the labor/delivery room is the same as the recovery room that you stay in after birth
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009