does it really matter how long they are?? i hope you answer this one celticreverie

ok so ive been having contractions since 8 this morning..no i havent counted them yet becuase i was trying to sleep, but they're definately there..i had 2 in the 3 1/2 mins i was on the phone w my mom..i know L&D wants you to wait till they're atleast a minute long, but does how long they last really matter if youre having a bunch in a row?

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 2:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• celticreverie
    what is this word???
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Did your water break? If not, just stay home for now! Put a garbage bag in your car to sit on for when your water does break ok?
    Anonymous

• Having a bunch in a row could mean your dehydrated and its braxton hicks. Once they become stronger and lasting longer and coming closer together then you know its real. ONce you can't talk or think or type your in labor. I had contractions one day for 6 hours every 3 minutes and then boom they went away. If its real labor it wont stop it will only get stronger and to the point you know its time to go. You wont hesitate when its true labor to get to the hospital.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• lol..celticreverie is someone on here who knows quite a bit about this..i think she said shes trying to become a midwife.. and anon, with my 1st they had to break my water and 2 my 2nd, my water broke right before they gave me the epidural.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ONLY 5% OF WOMENS WATER BREAKS NATURALLY!!! so your water doesnt have to break for you to be in labor...
    i been having contractions for 3 days now hun..im due in 5 days...but yesterday the doctor said "i dont even know where your cervix is"

that was friggen joyful..

Anon, you realize your remark towards her question was a bit cocky?

anyway...How many weeks are you pregnant?
    and you could call the doctor...it could be that your cervix is dilating if its not already dilated
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 2:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Lady!!! Go to the doctor. I don't think I ever had a contraction that lasted a minute, my water never broke until the doctor broke it, and I was on the computer my whole labor trying to distract myself. It is better to be safe than delivering a baby on your kitchen floor.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• they are getting stronger, thats why im wondering. not all of them are back to back of each other, just some.. when i was in labor w my 2nd, id have 2 in a row and then id be fine for a few minutes
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• only 5% water breaks naturally? So is everyone else induced? Mine broke naturally, does that mean I'm special?
    Anonymous

• Sorry if that sounded mean...lol...I just panicked for you for a minute! lol...If I had 2 in 3 1/2 mins, I would be scared to death that I was at home.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Celtic is a word & reverie is a word...but not ment to be together I do not think.

Answer by louise2 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009