what do i need??? i am so lost and need help!!!

I would like to get some help from u ladys. This is my first child, and i have been told so many things bout what i should get and what i have to have that im losing track. i would love if someone could just write me a list of the most important things that i have to have by the time i get home with the lil one. everytime i go to see what is out there to get for babys i get so overwhelmed that i just have to leave coz it scares me how much there is and im afraid that i can never afford whatever i need. so it would help me so much if u could just write me a list of major things needed. thanx for the help

Mommytobe270809

Asked by Mommytobe270809 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG I would love that! Please someone help her help me. I have bought a few things but I dont want to go over board.

I did however ready that you should go to babiesrus and look up registry lists (by using general names like smith jones etc) but I had NO luck doing that.
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 2:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Do you plan on formula or breast feeding? (Makes a HUGE difference in what you need)
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• A new born needs a few things,

a infant tub
    wash rags and towels,
    baby shampoo and body wash
    clothing,
    blankets
    bottles if your not nursing,
    a bassinet although many use a playpen or crib as they are more functional
    car-seat, stroller
    maybe a swing
    diapers,
    wipes
    rash cream just in case
    nail clippers
    a baby monitor if you won't always be in ear shot of the baby
    diaper bag

as the baby gets older a bouncy seat and around 5 months a walker or jumper and toys around 3 months.

brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you go onto like the babiesrus or walmart website and do a baby registry, it'll show you the most common items registered for, and will also provide a check list of the basic needs
    Anonymous

• a bed for them to sleep in (crib i mean)
    A SHIT TON OF DIAPERS AND WHIPES!
    Formula if your not breastfeeding
    clothes, tons of them
    some toys even though they prolly wont be playing with them...
    blankets

:D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 2:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• its not a matter of what you can afford its doing the best you can with what you have. Hand me downs are great, and there is always discount or resell stores that are great and half price if not more. Garage sales are also good to find things for cheap as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Well you need basics like baby bath, lotion, washes, wash clothes, crib, diapers, wipes, rash cream, tylenol (always needed at some point), nail clippers. A baby swing saved my life! My youngest wouldn't sleep unless he was in his swing.
    It depends on what season your baby will be born in as to what kinda clothing you need. So maybe give me a little more info.
    Oh you can't forget carseat, highchair, stroller.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think brailynsmama08 covers the basic, some new moms over do it but when the baby first comes it really only needs blankets and mommy to be comfortable...of course in addition to all the basics listed above. Congrats!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• First off. They don't many things, unlike what some will tell you.
    Maybe get a couple baby gowns. They will work for boy or girl. They will make it easier to change them day or night. and the baby can pull it's little legs up real close in them.
    If you nurse, then you already have what you need. If you bottle feed, then you need a few bottles. Honestly though, the hospital will probably give you a few bottles and some formula.
    You will need only one pack of diaper and one of wipes. And the hospital may give you some of these too. And they will give you alittle diaper bag.
    A car seat. A bed or bassinet or somewhere they will sleep. Unless they sleep with you, then, you don;'t need anything. Anything else can wait till you get home and decide if you need it or not. Like baby soap for washing them. Or a pacifier.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• just have the basic stuff. A place to sleep, clothes, diapers, wipes. You don't really need a changing table any flat surface will do. wipe warmers are nice, but you have to keep water in them or the wipes burn. bottle warmers are nice, but not a need. as for toys I wouldn't worry for right now you will be all the entertainment the baby will need.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009