I'm freakin out, I am making a list of everything that i need to clean and disinfect.

I went to the docotr today for what i was expecting to be a spider bite. No no, turns out i have something called cellulitis (which you get when you come in contact with staph or streepp or something). Anyways, they gave me some antiobitics, some stuff to rub all over my body twice a day adn rinse off, and some stuff to spread under my finger nails. Told me to wash my sheets and pjs, get new razors and not shave until i finish the treatments (ugg). They told me that as long as i was my hands and don't let my daughter come inconntact with any open places things should be fine. I am freaking out. I feel like i am the dirtiest person on earth. I don't have a clue where i got if from.I thought the other little bite looking places were a flea or mosquito or something. And he said that because they are red, it looks like cellulitis. I am going to shampoo carpet, and disinfect. Any specific ideas you have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You could have picked it up from a cart or anything so its hard telling. Use a mixture of bleach and water for disinfecting and you can find out how much at clorox.com. Use lysol in the air and keep the area clean like the doctor said.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Staph is on your skin no matter what. It can enter and infect when you get a cut and spread from there. I really don't think disinfecting your whole house would do anything. You can if it will make you feel better but it will always be on your skin..same with your daughter's or any other living person or thing. When the doctor was talking about open places, he was referring to the sores on your body
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It will be ok. Now go wipe your mouse...lol No, to be serious, my friend just went through the same thing and shes fine now. Try not to stress too much because stress adds to the problem most of the time. We don't know how my friend got it either and btw I stayed away from her during her bout with this but we still talked on the phone. She don't know what happened either but shes ok now. So don't worry.
    HUGS
    Anonymous

• Use bleach on everything that is not cloth or can fade..Bleach is cheap and can kill a lot of germs..
    And every thing else just wash it really good.

Answer by louise2 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I use this alot on here as my answer but it works SO GREAT! There is this stuff called odo-ban at Sam's its like 10 bucks for a big gallon thing and the pre mixed spray bottle... it kills EVERYTHING. staph,mold, mildew, HIV,smells, it has directions to kill all kinds of stuff and lasts a long time! You arent the dirtiest person in the world! there is no telling where you picked it up... but I understand the "freak out"! Get some of the odo-ban, follow the mixing directions and feel better soon! Praying 4 u!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 2:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009