Do you let your boyfriend talk to his ex girlfriends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• depends. if they are talking w/o my knowledge, No. but if they just speak in passing, i know her, she knows me,yea, thats fine.
    mrsgibbs

Answer by mrsgibbs at 12:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well you can stop someone from talking to ppl. As long as they are just talking whats the big deal dont be so insecure in your relationship. I am married but my husband has many ex gf's that he still talks to and Im okay with it
    Anonymous

• One of my husband's best "girl" friends is a girl that he dated for a while in high school. She's such a great person. I have no problem with them talking. They are both married with families so I know I have nothing to worry about.
    ohiomommyof2

Answer by ohiomommyof2 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I don't "let" my partner do anything. He is a grown man and can make his own decisions.

I don't mind if he talks to his exes because he has approriate and open relationships with them. He does not hide anything from me and does not disrespect me.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• no, i let him know how i feel about it depending on the situation and the ex and let him make his own choice
    youngmum1234

Answer by youngmum1234 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Hell NO, but I have good reason and he wouldn't talk to her anyway.
    Hecate9

Answer by Hecate9 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well if your boyfriend is being honest about it and has nothing to hide I would suggest that you have nothing to worry about.
    MarandaCrocker

Answer by MarandaCrocker at 12:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My husband is still good friends with only one person that he had feelings for before we met. They had sex one time and fooled around a lot back then but didn't actually date. I am also good friends with her and actually, we talk more than he talks to her. So, I think in situations like that it's okay. Also, he is a Christian now and he led her to faith in Christ too. So that makes a difference. Generally speaking, he isn't friends with any woman unless I am friends with her too.
    PrincessNicole

Answer by PrincessNicole at 12:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes... Who cares. The past is the past. It's interesting to learn about what he liked or disliked in a past relationship. Unless he's fantasizing about her or something then there's no big deal.
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008