I am pregnant for the first time and I had a tiny bit of spotting and went to the hospital and had an ultrasound and it was 6 weeks and im suppose to be 8 weeks, can the dates be messed up? the doc said i most likely am having a miscarriage but ive had no signs of one in over a week, i go for another ultrasound in a week, could they just be mistaken?

Asked by jessspurr86 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had this problem with me and i was around 7weeks i believe. They were worried about me bc i had a history of a m/c and they did a u/s and everything was great! They say sometimes you have "left over blood" or if you had sex [which i did lol] it can happen.

Good luck!

Answer by erikays at 3:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well this is a hard one. I have gone through several miscarrages. My spotting was always heavy and there was cramping with it. I have always been told the dates can be wrong. I had my due date changed 11 times with my baby girl..

Answer by luvmyawsomgirls at 3:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It could be that you ovulated late. Doctors usually base due dates off LMP, and assume that every woman has a 28 day cycle. So those that ovulate later than day 14 of their cycle will not be as far along as doctors assume. I would have them recheck you via u/s to check the baby out and make sure all is ok. Some spotting and even light bleeding can be normal early on, as long as there is no bright red blood and no cramping. Good luck!

Answer by faeriemamma at 4:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• you can be 8 weeks pregnant but the age of the fetus is 6 weeks....if that helps :)

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2008