My 13 month old shivers...

It's really random. I thought it was just when we took something away from her and she would kind of clench up and shake in anger, but it's happening a little more often and randomly. She just tenses up and shivers for a second and she's fine after that. It's a couple of times a day. I have a call into my doctor and just waiting for them to call back. Has anyone else experienced this with their kid? I'm getting kind of worried

amyofthejungle

Asked by amyofthejungle at 2:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would be going to the doctor immediately. That is not normal.
    Anonymous

• Maybe it's her growing out of the baby reflexes, you know like the mono reflex where they spread their arms and legs out and draw them in. Best of luck to you.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like she is just experimenting with her body. I wouldn't worry about it. She probably sees that you react and likes the attention.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• oops i think i meant moro reflex, sorry.
    Anonymous

• My daughter does the same thing, but only when she is very mad, or very excited. I don't worry about it though, I figure she is just expressing . As long as she doesn't hurt herself.
    ShesaWilld1

Answer by ShesaWilld1 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think your baby has found something really different that she can do. And she gets a reaction from it. I wouldn't worry a bit about this. Just laugh and know that she will probably stop doing this in a couple of weeks and move onto something else.
    stephy993

Answer by stephy993 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009