Did you speak at your teaparty?

Ours was small enough, 3200, that many local people could speak spontaneously. It was so much fun, hearing those old people up there cuss like sailors and get all riled up.

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Something about 80 year old women and men swearing makes me laugh.
    Anonymous

• There weren't any here.
    Anonymous

• I was suppost to but I was sick.. maybe on the 4th of July Rally I will!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I couldn't go...hubby's an accountant and I had to help him out (he has his own small firm). It was cool to track all the events though. I would've loved to hear what some of the older people had to say.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Dang! I want a Tea Party! How do I get one?
    malindasb

Answer by malindasb at 2:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I took my girls to the Dayton one in the evening, there was 6000 people there and we just listened. My oldest asked a lot of questions to me and the people around her. It was a wonderful learning moment.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I didn't get to go, but my husband and younger son went. They said they were given the opportunity to speak but chose not to. Several folks did, however. They were very pleased and inspired by what they saw and heard.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes, I did. It turns out I'm a pretty good speaker. I got thunderous applause!

The best though was my son! My 10 year old got up and spoke. His message: Hi everybody, my name is Gus, I'm 10 yrs old. Mom let me stay up late to watch the election and I stayed home from school to watch the inauguration. Would you guys please get those people to stop spending all my money, I haven't even started working for it yet.

Wow, HE gets it.

Gus and I made the front page of our paper this morning.

Here is a link to a pic of my hero. My browser won't let me cut/paste pics.:(

http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=12625468&ct=mine

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• That's great yourspecial.What a handsome boy,I wish I could of heard the both of you speak.I'd of been cheering too judging by your posts here :)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2009