Does Anyone Here Make Over $50k A Year?

If you do make this much,what do you do and how long did it take you to reach that income level?

Tia23sb

Asked by Tia23sb at 2:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Computer Programmer (Bachelor in Science) took 3 years to get the promotion
    Anonymous

• my husband does.

he's an aeronautical engineer.
    How long did it take to get there?

study for 6 years for that 4 yrs degree (he changed his mind about his degree halfway through)

Then an about 10 yrs of working for the goverment and taking lots of extra classes.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• (of course back when he started working- 19 yrs ago - $50 salary wasn't what it is today. If he had started 5 yrs ago, I'm sure he'd have made a lot more thosse first 110 years)
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I make about $60K, I am an Admin manager for a small company. I've been here almost 15 years, but I suppose I hit the $50K mark at least 10 years ago, if not more. I think it has more to do with where you live than what you do, I'm in the Northeast, and hour from NYC, I'm guessing salaries are much higher than in other places...cost of living and all that.
    Anonymous

• My husband makes 220k a year. He was making 100k right out of college with his MBA. He worked his rear off graduated top of his class while working full time. So at 24 we were doing very well that was over 12 years ago. Now even better. My husband is an executive at a major retailer soon to be Vice President.
    Anonymous

• My DH just retired for the Army. 2 years ago..Just got a new job(on a army post) making over $50.000. If he didn't have his military experience he would have got the job.

Answer by louise2 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My husband makes more than that, he is a manager for Walgreens, he's worked there for 14 years...5 as store manager. He doesn't have a college degree, but he does work long hard hours.
    Anonymous

• Both my husband and I make that and much more with our home businesses. We both had careers but due to the state of economy, I was laid off and his real estate business went very slow, so we looked for other things to make extra money and we found it. Visit my profile page. Just recently updated and still working on it. LOL.

Are you looking to do something new or from home? ps. you can email me anytime.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my husband works in collections and it took him about 4 years to make just over 50Kper year
    Anonymous

• I worked as a nanny for about 10 years and was then hired as a nanny/personal assistant for a wealthy family in San Francisco for $50K. I have three years of college, but no degree. It was my experience and references that got me the position. I stayed for seven years until I had my baby and now I stay home.
    Anonymous