I need help fast!! my dog is peeing in my sons room I have shampooed it and now I want to put

Something down on the floor to keep her from wanting to pee on it.. what can I use??

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 2:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pets

• If the room is carpeted you will have to make sure you oak the area the dogs goes to with a urin remover.there are several biogradable productes on the market. The best so far that I have come across is called NATURES MIRACLE STAIN AND ODOR REMOVER. It will eat the odor away, but you have to soak the entire area, pad and all. Tile floor it will work too. But as far as teaching him to not pee in that room is the best thing to do.Hope doggy is house broke but if not thats what you need to do.There are many ways to do this . Also ck to make sure the dog dos not have a uti infection by your vet. Block off the room with a gate and only allow him entry when you are there to supervice. Keep an eye he is not going other places. Take out or let out for potty time. Hope this helps and good luck.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Hi Jackie ... I keep my dogs in the kitchen for this reason! That's my solution... I gave up!
    britbit

Answer by britbit at 3:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• There is a spray you can buy that gives off a foul scent to dogs. Then they won't pee in that area again. GOOD LUCK!
    ciejsgirl

Answer by ciejsgirl at 4:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• treat it with urine be gone first ....and then spray it with bitter apple spray (you can get it at petco)... works wonders... its like citrus to cats.. it irritates them
    SaraM0412

Answer by SaraM0412 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Also, if your dog isn't fixed, fix your dog. After food and drink IMMEDIATELY go outside until something happens... and of course Sara and the rest have AWESOME suggestions!
    CarleneandChris

Answer by CarleneandChris at 5:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• we put a gate up to prevent our dogs from going up stairs cause that is where they were peeing.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• the only thing that will take the smell out is natures miracle, its the best stuff on the market. But.. none of those things that say they wont pee work. trust me... my dog now going to be 3 or 4 in july, i cant remember. lol.. peed in my sons room as a puppy, once they smell pee they keep going back, so we had carpets in his and nursery ripped up, have orginal wood floors bu they were damaged, so we fixed and painted. He just went in there again and peed adn now peeing in the nursery. He senses somethin gis going on. been moving stuff out of here and puting baby stuff in. Its like grrr. So afte ryou clean it up, keep the doors closed, thats what were doing.
    MommaBear2myson

Answer by MommaBear2myson at 4:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009