i clean and clean.. and still

ookk.. it seems that my house i clean and clean and keep cleaning and its like i'm never done.. like i cleaned this morning.. the carpet was spotless.. the kitchen didnt have one dirty dish in it.. everything in the bedroom was put up.. and that was like 2 hrs ago.. its 11 something and my house is a MESS! i have a two yr old.. so that might explain it and two cats! uhhhg.. how do i stop cleaning so much? lol

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• give up until they are old enough to mess less and clean more...LOL.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Are you serious!! I was just saying the same thing. I have a two year old and no matter how much I clean its seems the house still looks like a tornado hit it.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 2:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Let it go and relax. I have ocd and its hard for me. That is why I get on here so I can relax and ignore things for awhile. I vacuum about 10 times a day and mop the floors every morning, afternoon and night and disinfect everything all day. The toilet is cleaned after each use. So let it go and relax before you go nuts.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Teach your two year old to pick up after herself. My son at two was putting his things back that he got out. I had to tell him to do it but he did. If you are picking up as you go it won't get so messy.
    Anonymous

• LOL..wow i thought i was bad.. my house is a mess.. and it gets to me i get mad about it lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• oh he does put them back.. just not in the right place.. he's bad!!! lol
    MommaBear1129

• laughingthat's hilarious...i walked in from taking my dd to her doc's appt this morning, looked around the house and couldn't believe how messy it was...and we weren't even home! we had left an hour after my ds had woke up...man he's fast lol. i just put them both to bed and got on here. these days i don't even clean until after bedtime. i'll get the dishes done while i make dinner, and have toons on for him, and laundry gets done during nap time (Lord knows if a toddler is up that you can't fold a shirt without it getting unfolded as soon as you put it down lol) as for picking up toys cleaning the floors, that's for after bedtime!

armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• OMG!!!!!!!!!! Its so weird = sometimes I read a question and it blows my mind how much it sounds exactly like me. Its crazy. Well this is one of those questions. I am so in the same boat. What makes it so hard is I cant function in a mess. I have 3 kids,2 big dogs,1 cat and a hus. My youngest is 2 and its so hard. If I have the energy I try to clean after they all go to bed but to be honest, its the never ending battle around here. Look at me know, I have so so much to do but here I am answering peoples questions. And to top it off, I dont even know these people. Gotta laugh. (But its so much fun. Us moms are so alike) :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 2:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• seriously, now-
    one thing that helps if getting rid of everything you guys don't need. cut down on toys and clothes if you can.
    and
    keep ALL food eting IN the kitchen/Dining room- NO snacking anywhere else in the house.

and at 2 your daughter can pick up her own clothes and toys.

Play outside as much and as often as you can! (cuts down on how much time there is to make the house messy)

Premake meals/foods and lunches as often as you can. for example-When you buy carrots peel and cut enough for thee whole week. cuts down on the mess of cleaning up after peeling carrots daily (or whatever foood it is that you can do ahead of time like that)

I like to have the table set for breakfast before I go to bed (even having some breakfast iremss aalready laid out)- makes the morning easier

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

well my son does clean up after himself, he cleans his room. it's just during the day he plays in the living room, sometimes i'll have him pick his toys up before he goes to bed, but other times i just want him to go to bed, so i deal with it. but he knows how to pick up after himself, he's been doing it since he was 1.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009