Okay my fiance is in the Army and Deploys Jan and our first Baby is Due in Dec.....

What can I do to get him apart of our fist babys life even tho he will be so far away for the whole first year?

I am going to take pictures and videos and do web cam chats with him...but he still feels he is going to miss everything...i want to reasure him that everything will be okay and he wont miss out on anything but his mind is set and is taking this pregnancy a little hard...
Anyway, how can I cheer him up and calm him down so he can enjoy my pregnancy with me???

caseyleemomi2be

Asked by caseyleemomi2be at 2:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, pictures only do so much and he will miss out on a lot and he knows that. My husband has been to Iraq 3 times for a total of 39 months and when he left the first time my sister just had a baby then he came home to a little person who was walking and talking. INclude him in all the decisions no matter what, pictures, video, web cams, make special albums for him. Get all the milestones and maybe a second baby book for him to keep with him to write in. Keep a journal of all the things your baby is doing for him. Have him write to his baby while he is gone and read it to the baby while your on your web cam, let him talk to the baby on the phone even if the baby can't talk. He will miss a lot but the things you do and what you include him is will make it better. Don't bring up him being gone and make your pregnancy and time together as fun as possible.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Cheap foods like pizzas, chips ect. 2 Liter generic pop. And walmart has decoratios that will be like $1.00 but you dont get a selection you could also go to dollar general or whatever you have there. Buy a cheap football him and his friemds can play.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 2:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Ok dont mind my last answer I thought I was answering I different ?
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 2:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i am due end of may, about 2 weeks ago i sent a package to one of his friends. it has cigars, snacks, plates, "its a boy" signs, napkins, a present for him thats all wrapped up and about $50 in cash in it. DH doesn't know i sent it and won't know til they get the word that lil man is here, when they decorate his rack and have an "i'm a daddy" party for him. (thats what the money is for, if they are in port to buy him drinks and a cake and if they are out to sea they can take him out when they get in a port somewhere). for the pregnancy, send ultrasound pics, ask the tech to write the babies sex on an envelope and open it "together" on the phone or webcam that way you don't know before him. you can take a mini recorder in and record babies heartbeat so you can send it to him. when you have baby you can send another care package with a shirt baby wore in hospital, foot prints (ask them to do this when they do the birth CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• CONT certificate, you just have to supply what you want the foot prints on), and a brag book with lots of pictures for him, or a digital pic frame so when you send new pics he can just upload them to his frame. my DH was gone for our DD's first bday, so i sent him decorations that i was using and snacks, during the party he was able to get on his webcam for a few mins and eat his dinner off her elmo plate with an elmo hat on his head. she loved it, and he felt like he was involved b/c he got to watch her eat some of her cake. its so much easier now than it was years ago with webcam and email you can include him alot more. you just have to be creative and come up with fun stuff for him.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• make him a shirt each month with babys foot prints and hand prints on it and the babys weight and height. you can even do the clay imprints, but that could get heavy for hubby to bring them home.
    get a tape recorder and record babys noises and stuff and send that tape to him to listen to with that 'months' package.
    the baby book (two of them) is a cute idea too!
    Its really hard. My hubby went away to school when our youngest was 7 months, and has missed his first two birthdays. and our oldest 3rd and 4th birthdays too. Its pretty hard. But if you send him stuff that shows your babies milestones, he'll feel more included.

good luck :-)
    Anonymous