does anyone have any ideas?

How can I do a birthday party for my son on only $40? My Mom is making him a cake already.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I pmed you some recipes that are cheap and easy.

as for other things:
    go to local dollar stores to get paper plates (if needed)
    and napkins. You can also buy cheap decorations there (dollar tree is good for that)

or check out orientaltrading.com if you have time to order things before hand.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• 5 dollar pizzas and some chips and dip
    Anonymous

• Are a lot of people coming? You could always just have cake and ice cream, you don't have to serve dinner.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Cheap foods like pizzas, chips ect. 2 Liter generic pop. And walmart has decoratios that will be like $1.00 but you dont get a selection you could also go to dollar general or whatever you have there. Buy a cheap football him and his friemds can play.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 2:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You can just make ice cream cones and have your mom make cupcakes, (so you don't have to worry about forks) and chips. Get some happy birthday decorations from the dollar store. I made a pinata out of a shoe box and tissue paper and it turned out really cute. Keep the invitation list small. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• Soppy joes? Plain chips? Crock pot foods are usually cheaper
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Do a bring your own meat pot luck at the park, kool aid for drinks, eating utensils and decorations from walmart only decorate the one table with the presents and cake. the kids will be so busy playing that they wont even care about the decorations.
    ShesaWilld1

Answer by ShesaWilld1 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009