Is there any pain medicine I can give to my dog that doesn't have to perscribed by a vet?

I have a puppy about 4 months old who was rufted up by a bigger dog. He's sore and needs a little help. He's not bad enough to take to a vet ,but it seems like I've been told that I could give baby asprin or something, but I forget all the details. Could someone Please give me some INFO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pets

• Baby motrin or tylenol. Try to find the pills, they work better for dogs. If you cant find any of that then just cut a regular one in to quarters.
    Anonymous

• NO TO ABOVE POST!!!

I just spoke to my vet the other day, asking same question. He said asprin only. My dog is 100 lbs so He said I could give her 2 buffered asprin a day. No tylenol!!!!
    Anonymous

• Your puppy could have internal bleeding if it's in pain..it could look like much less!
    Anonymous

• you need to take him or her to the vet!
    Anonymous

• Tylenol is toxic to dogs. But regardless you're puppy should be to the vet. The above poster is right. There could be internal bleeding.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Do NOT give your dog anything for pain without speaking to your vet first!!!!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• asprin but you'd need to know the proper weight dosage.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You can NOT give motrin. I am not sure if it is tylenol or aspirin that they can have. I would check first. I know motrin can damage their liver.
    boomom1973

Answer by boomom1973 at 10:01 PM on May. 12, 2009