How did you know that you were done having kids? What made you be done having kids?

I am just curious because I have 2 kids and I am thinking of having another, but I haven't thought about if this will be my last or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I always wanted about 5. I have three and after having them all in school and no more diapers, Im like um I dont know. My house gets smaller and smaller day by day. The cost is just wow. I love em and Im sure if it happended i would love another one too.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I am open to adopt, as for me physically having more, probably not, 2 c-sections are enough, and wouldn't know if a third would be required.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My husband and I are having the same problem. I go in to have our 3rd tomorrow (via C-Section..medically necessary), and we planned on getting my tubes tied as long as they were in there, but now we are not.
    We are not fully sure that we are done, we always wanted a large family, but with the cost of everything...3 kids is looking pretty large! We are going to wait to do anything "permanent" until a little later, when we are not so emotionally charged and go from there.
    I do not know if there will ever be a "perfect number" to say stop at.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Good for you, I had my tubes tied after last c-section, am open for more kids, by adoption if it is something my husband agrees on down the road.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had 2 DD's by two different men.I was 25 or 26 years old at the time..Wanted a boy..But sense there was know 100% chance of having a boy I stoped...Still want a son.,,What you want and what you get is two different things.

Answer by louise2 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I knew i would never have another baby after my third pregnancy, It was the worst, I hated being pregnant, I was always saying i will never do this again.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• after my fifth one lol:)
    marggie

Answer by marggie at 3:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have been unable to get pregnant. We had our son and then nothing after that. We love our son and our family feels complete. I opted to not have fertility treatments done and we are not able to adopt because of a suicide attempt when I was a teen. We can adopt internationally but have decided it is not for us. We will just be happy with the blessing God did give us. We have not used birth control in 10 years and only had two pregnancies. I had a miscarriage 4 months before I got pregnant with my son. We have sex 5-6 times a week without fail so we have no clue why and really don't care at this point. Our son is a joy and so independent. He has so many friends and family he is never lonely. So we are done.

Anonymous

• the person that posted...........I hate being pregnant too, but I love kids so that is why I pot up with the being pregnant lol
    Anonymous

• after I brought my son home from the hospital and he cried ALL DAY For 6 months straight and still now at 17 months a GOOD day is him crying 5 times a day. NO THANK YOU ~~ He's all I could ever need and then some!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009