Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone gotten their minor a passport w/out the 2nd parent?

Hubby and I wanna spend a year out of country for his studies. But to apply for my daughter's passport, I need either the consent of her biological father, proof of sole authority, or a reason for his unavailability. I don't wanna lie or forge anything. I haven't seen or talked to her dad in a very long time. He's a terrible person/father. He wants nothing to do with his daughter, but tried to use her to get to me. He'll never give me consent. We never had an official custody battle. I don't want one due to fear of him getting visitation or letting him back into our lives. I haven't even gotten the recommended restraining order cause I'm sure he'll disobey it and get us. So he won't consent and I don't have official legal custody. What would make him unavailable? Anyone get around this before?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Can you PM me?

    Answer by MomToFour247 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • You don't know where he is? I am really not sure what to tell you. Talk to a custody attorney before leaving the country, your ex could cause huge problems otherwise.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.