Thinking about another baby would you even consider it

well hubby and i have 7 month old my second his first and we have been thinking about another ... but im 37 had gestational diabetes with my son and have to have another c section .. this last one was very hard on me i wound up with an infection and hard to heal but any way ... i dont want my youngest to feel like an only child .. my oldest is 14 and doesnt live with us pluse were a military family and i know its hard on kids... i luv my little one and i know iwould love another but not sure?? would you do it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow, i went through the same exact thing with my last c-section, it was hard, they had to put me to "sleep" and i got an infection...actually the doc said that my next one would be harder and she recommends me not to have another kid. that's ok though, i have 2 kids, so we're done anyway.

Note* they don't recommend you get pregnant until a year after your c-section. i got pregnant 7 months after my 1st c-section, which is why my 2nd went really hard. your tissue isn't healed properly until a year after, which is why they say this. i learned the hard way.

but after a year, if you're financial, physical, and emotionally ready, then sure, why not? we're military too, our kids are close, my dh is deployed right now, so it is kind of hard, especially having to take the kids everywhere i go, even if i just have to run up the street real quick. if you think you can do it while he's gone, then go for it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• to me it's too soon lol but I am just different. I know, for me, i am wanting to wait until Caleb is out of diapers. I love that one on one time with him.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you don't feel ready to close the book on having another baby, then give it a shot. If you had a difficult time with this last pregnancy and delivery and after wards, do yourself a favor and give it at least another year before TTC. It is recommended that you give your body 18 months to fully heal from the previous pregnancy and more time if you had a hard pregnancy and delivery.
    Anonymous

• Why do you HAVE to have another c section? If you had a really hard time with the last one, you might consider a VBAC....
    Anonymous

• I totally get why you are worried. I am 35 and have my first who is 8 months. I SO want her to have a lil bro or sis. I am the youngest of 5 so I couldn't imagine being an only child! But I get how you are worried about complications because of the facts at hand. First, you are not too old no matter what any one tells you!! Second, you should know that every pregnancy is different. Not that you can avoid the diabetes or the c-section, but those are both common and manageable.
    As far as them being too close, that is totally up to you. Are you a mover and shaker? In other words, can you handle two little ones at once? If yes, than GO FOR IT!!! If I didn't have to fight with my hubby about having another, I'd do it right now. (but I'll let him settle a little more before I start pushing!) lol
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 3:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I probably wouldn't with your complications, and the risks of possible having a baby with downs. If you do want another, I wouldn't wait too much longer, as you said you are 37 right now. Not trying to sound harsh, its just my opinion
    Anonymous

• You are in the euphoria stage after having a kid when you think "I'll turn around and do this whole process over tomorrow!" I would still wait, especially with your complications.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Risk of Downs?? You're kidding, right? LOTS of women have healthy children in their late 30 and even into the 40's...
    Anonymous

• I think at 37 I would be done with having kids. I'm 28 and feel done with only one. lol. who knows i might just change my mind. I was an only child growing up and it was great. Sometimes i wished for an older sister just to take some attn away from me. but overall i got a lot of good stuff and a lot of love.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think that you know yourself better then any of us, and if you and your husband feel you want another baby then go for it. My boys are only 12 months 5 days apart - I got pregnant when My oldest was 3 months old. I love having them so close and was actually bummed that my daughter was 4 and 5 years younger then her brothers. Now i'm even more bummed because my girls are going to be 3 years apart. I think having kids tightly together is fun, exciting, and a lot easier then most would imagine. You also can look at the fact that the closer they are in age, the closer bonded they will be growing up. Good luck in whatever you decide!!!!
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 4:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009