Am I weird?

lol... thats a loaded question... okay ladies I have recently found a new interest and it is not ladylike at all.. I LOVE auto body work! I love my truck but it is a 97 GMC sierra and pretty beat up (former work truck) I have wanted this style truck since they came out (extended cab..love it!) Hubby is a mechanic at a Chevy dealer so we decided I could get this truck and fix it up.. he does mechanic work so I only pay for parts and a friend is willing to paint it if we do the body work.. so I decided DH can teach me to do that part.. well ILOVE IT! but friends and family are picking at me saying its not feminine and makes me seem butch to like spending time at the shop, working on sanding, bondo, and i even got my first lesson in painting! is it strange to love it so much?.. DH says he likes that i am into it.. but WILL he start seeing me as less of a woman? am I weird (in this situation only ladies :D)?

Tzutchka

Asked by Tzutchka at 3:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There is nothing wrong liking what you like. and who cares what other people think? so what if you are a tomboy. it doesn't make you less of a woman. trust me i am a tomboy almost all the way. but i still like dressing up and having my hair and nails done. go figure. you can have it both ways.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• uhmm a lot of guys think its kinda sexy if females are into that...my fiance thinks its sexy that i can tell him what kind of car is behind us or in front of us JUST based on its lights (this is usually at night)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You go girl I love cars my SO always asks me for my opinion and what he should do and when we finance a new car I always make the deal and get a warranty if I left it to him he would pay sticker lol

Anonymous

• I also do guy things with my hubby, he likes it and it turns him on and his friends think its sexy but there wifes hate getting dirty and then that when you hear them back stabbing cause its something you like which i don't care what other mommies think i am not them and they aren't me so girl enjoy your fun with the truck!!! the ones that pick on you are jealous cause you are trying and they don't want to get dirty..
    Anonymous

• My DH says that when men see women doing "manly" stuff, they think, "Aw, how cute."
    Anonymous

• well considering a majority of my college is for automotive engine mechanics.. no, your not weird. and if you are, you have company. =)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• bump yes you are. get a life and act like a girl. no man wants a girl that is more manley than he is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2009