does anyone know if the licen tool i read about really works, they claim to get rid of lice in one hour, the company is called head lice heroes? does anyone have any new suggestions>?

My girlfriend Sally’s daughter who is 9 was sent home from school because of head lice.. this was three months ago and she keeps getting them. We have tried many different products but to know avail. So I found this article on line about a company called head lice hero who uses a special “licen tool” to kill the lice eggs so the lice do not come back. I was quoted $300 for them to come to the house, but this is a lot of money, especially that I am out of work. So I was wondering if some eles has used them or do you know of a better faster more sure way to get rid of the lice for good!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• If it's not a baby you can use a hair dryer on the child. That will dry out and kill the eggs.

Unfortunately, many years ago my daughter who was 2 got lice. Then I got it, and I had really really long hair. My husband went through my hair with a fine tooth comb, bless him! But eventually I got rid of it using the hair dryer all the time. Good luck!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• try baby oli, a friend of mine and her two daughters got lice and they have thick hair. the normal products didn't work as well as baby oil just put it in the hair and use a lice comb to comb it out. it removes the eggs better than the actual lice products
    Anonymous

• there is NO "miracle product" for lice. what you need is a METAL lice comb and natural lice killer. DO NOT USE THE RID. it is way too harsh. go through the hair, be VERY through!!! wash ALL the clothing, bedding. anything you cannot wash put in a trashbag for 2 weeks, keep it out of the house. vaccuum all the carpets. everyone that is in the house needs to be treated for lice. go through the hair everyday until you dont see anymore nits ot lice. after that go throught the hair everother day. that is why i said to use natural treatments. you can use those as often as you want. there are no negativ side effects to it. with the RID u can only use it once every 2 weeks or something like that. anyway tyje product is called Fairy Tales,they have a lice treatment and shampoo. that can be used as often as you like, good luck. it took me 2 weeks to get rid of the lice.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Okay, CETAPHIL. Saturate the whole head, comb the live lice (METAL comb) then blow dry. The lice cannot cling to cetaphil coated hair and the hair drying kills the baby lice and eggs and Cetaphil also suffocates any live lice. This should be done for two weeks after the last "live" one is found. Then Mix Tea Tree Oil and Rosemary together with water or another oil and spray the child's head and coat before school whenever you hear about the first outbreak. I've had total success with this program. Also, you must dry int he drier for 25 minutes, pillows, coats, towels, stuffed animals, bedding EVERY DAY FOR 2 WEEKS>
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I've tried different products and home remedies on my daughter and none of them have worked. Not only that but I had to spend 6 hours picking at my daughters head, who has the time?... So anyways, my kids daycare was giving out these fliers about the salon in scarsdale that offers the services to KILL both the lice and the nit with their licen tool that goes up to somthing like 250-300 degrees ( and it really works) and they use natural products and it fries them and also you have to dry in the drier the blankets, pillows, etc and get new brushes ....things like that.
    Anonymous

• First and foremost, who does your child sit close to in school. My daughter kept getting lice repeatedly. I found tea tree oil and olive oil to saturate hair (kills and smothers lice only) and use a shower cap. Leave on at least 4 hours, I left on over night. Rinse well and shampoo with a coconut based shampoo. After I dried her hair I would pick the knits (oil helps remove glue from knits) for hours. I let my daughter play on her virtual pet account til I was done. My daughter sat in front of a girl in her school. She was always leaning forward touching her hair with her own head according to my daughter. I told her to tell her to stop it. The girl would laugh and say make me. I honestly believe this girl did this on purpose to give my daughter head lice. Since the girl was transferred no more head lice. I also make her comb her hair with a nit comb daily so I know if she has them again.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 10:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009