daiper rash, screams bloody murder when changed, tip of wee wee and his matching woowoos are bright red..............

what can I do for my lil man, he is only 10 months old, and the a&d doesnt seem to be working........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• diaper cream might work, or take him to doctor, if concerned.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my son was like that, i used zinc oxide, and desitin. worked like a charm. i think you can use vaseline instead of the zinc oxide. you just want to make sure it's clean and dry before applying the vaseline, so that it doesn't lock in moisture. GL
    Anonymous

• Put him in an oatmeal bath. Aveeno makes a great one for babies. He needs diaper free time as well. His little bottom doesn't get and fresh air being stuck in a diaper all the time. Bath him in the oatmeal bath and then let him air dry. Even if it's only 30 minutes, that will make a difference. Also, Aveeno's diaper cream is really good...so is Triple Paste of Beadeux's (sp?) Butt Paste. I hope your lil one starts to feel better soon.
    Anonymous

• It could be a yeast infection, you'll have to see his ped for that.
    Anonymous

• for my son anytime he had a rash any kind of cream i put on him..desitin, a&d, whatever it was, it was burning his skin. so i don't use them anymore. i use cornstarch. it works wonders. just make sure his bottom is completely dry. also let him go around (for a few minutes at a time) naked. air is good for it. let him sit in a warm bath (without baby oil) and make sure you keep it clean. the warm bath will comfort him a little.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Any diaper rash that doesn't heal, is probably a yeast infection and it HAS to be treated with a prescription medicine (usually nystatin). Please take him to his pediatrician so your little man can have some relief.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• IN my opinion Desitin is the best Diaper rash cream, have you tried that?
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I thought we are adults here and used proper names... what is a woowoo?

also, bag balm works wonders.
    Anonymous

• OTC yeast infection cream will fix it within a day or two if it's yeast. That's what it sounds like to me.
    Anonymous

• Desitin is a good cream. But for some reason when my son had a rash(which came from the concentration from his urine) desitin and other diaper rash creams made his skin burn. he would scream from pain. I agree with 2wdnrfl. try her advice or you can go to doc and get nystatin. you could probabyl call your doc and say he has a bad rash and see if they can just call you in the rx. you can also call pharmacist and see if they carry anything for rash cream like nystatin. good luck
    Anonymous