What would you do in this situation??

Before i got pregnant i would go out with my boyfriend and hang out with his friends and it was no big deal and now that im pregnant i like to stay home i would rather just hang out at home spending time with him. So when he goes to hang out with his friends straight from work when i havnt seen him all day yes it upsets me. He says he needs to relax, have a couple beers, and hang out with his friends. This gets to me because i want him to want to be able to just relax with me at home w/out drinking ad he doesnt understand that. He feels like by me wanting him to just "sit around the house" with me instead of wanting him to go off with his buddies everyday that i dont appreciate him going and working hard all day. And he somehow thinks that i have to have everything about me and done my way?! i feel as if i dont make him happy and dont understand how. what would you do in this situation??

BabyMama909

Asked by BabyMama909 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Happens to me all the time...Why dont you ask him to invite his friends up and play cards...like some Poker...thats what me and my fiance do...i like to relax at home too..I feel better...but its ALWAYS nice having some company...invite them over for a movie too..the guys will enjoy watching an action packed movie :D

you can still spend time with him, but he can learn to invite his friends up too..Tell him to save gas money! lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• He is still in the mind set of a single man. Do what he want to do type attitude..You didn't say if he was your SO or DH? Doesn't sound like he want to change,,,even though  his life is changing.

Answer by louise2 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i had the same problem. or my boyfriend would go to sleep right when he got home and i got upset all the time and he didnt understand why i just wanted to spend time with him and i explained it to him, im bored all day. and i get excited when you come home and i just want to spend time with you. and stuff like that. just kinda tell him how you feel and why you get upset tell him you dont think you make him happy anymore and it is really upsetting you. and tell him he has to understand that you dont want to go anywhere and sometimes you just want to spend time with him at home. i still have the problem with my man on the drinking cus if he isnt doing it with his friends he is doing it infront of me and that upsets me too im not quiet sure why but just try to explain it to him. and see what he says. hope i helped and good luck men are stubborn. :)
    mommy2be1308

Answer by mommy2be1308 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think that he feels, you are prego one, you stay home. Why would he want to, right? You need to sit with him and talk to him. This happened to me. Not only was my SO going out but I lost friends cause i was prego and they werent so I was alone and I needed him. I told him that it hurt cause he was out and about with his friends and wasnt home and spending time with me. A suggestion, make like a schedule or something some nights he goes some night he doesnt. and like MISSKELLEE said have the guys come over for beers and to hang. Thats what we have. Some friday nights are for the guys. and its safer knowing that my hubby isnt driving anywhere
    lala83girl

Answer by lala83girl at 3:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my hubby is the same way. so 3 days a week he goes to his friends house and has a few beers and the other days he comes home. my best advice for any relationship is to try to meet 1/2 way on everything.
    before we were together i hated football, Dh is a dallas cowboys diehard fan. well i started watching the games with him and now i truley enjoy watching. and i think that he enjoys it to because i am not all grippy because he is watching.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 3:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think you need a comprimise. You need to find a balance that you can both be comfprtable with. My husband likes to go out with the guys every once in a while and it is fine with me. We also go out as a couple with our friends. You need to find out how many days you are comfortable with him being gone. 2 nights a week is my maximum. This way you get your together time and he gets his friend/guy time.
    Alisha1221

Answer by Alisha1221 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009