Can my husband sperm not be getting to my eggs?

We've done the baby dance every other day for three months except during my period. I know he's trying. I feel like it's my fault. His cum is not staying inside me. Is there a way I can keep it in there? Is this keeping his sperm from getting to my eggs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's not all coming out of you. Everyone loses a little big of semen when he pulls out. Put your legs up against the wall after you are done. some say it helps. but when he ejaculates inside of you, it starts going straight towards the egg. Be patient. Be stress free. Stress does not help conceiving. Just have fun. Make this baby making experience exciting not a workout.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Have you consider him getting tested as well as yourself. it could be that he has a low count of sperm or something.
    lala83girl

Answer by lala83girl at 3:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would not consider getting tested until it has been at least a year in which you couldn't conceive. take your time and don't be rushed. it will happen when it happens and if it doesn't in a year or so call a doc. good luck honey.
    Anonymous

• You have to consider this, out of the average man, the average sperm count is about 300 million. Out of those 300 million, only a couple thousand actually make it up the cervix. Out of those couple thousand, only a few hundred make it to the egg. So if some of the semen comes out after sex, it may not affect this at all. If you are worried about it, though, I would suggest looking into Instead Cups or Soft Cups. You insert them after sex to keep the sperm in. Prop a few pillows under your bum to elevate your hips and relax for at least twenty minutes or so. Longer if you like. If you still aren't getting pregnant, I would suggest a Semen Analysis to test your hubby's sperm count.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 3:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Try instead cups
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I read in a magazine that if you have everything right, the timing and all, that your chances of getting pregnant are only 20%. Just be patient. We tried for a year and finally when I said enough and stopped charting and worrying about it, we got pregnant.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• it can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant...you only have about 15-20% chance each month. the sperm separate from the semen so it isnt all falling out....
    the sperm swim out of the semen into the cervical mucus....if the semen entered the cervix and got into the uterus it could be dangerous.....sperm swim pretty fast too...the fastest swimmers can reach the egg in 30 minutes.... gl
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009