Is Unted Airlines

new policy on overweight passangers fair?

They airline could ask you to purchase two seats if they feel you are overweight. It's a tight fit for average size people. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, its not fair. I think the airlines is full of shit. Why did they have to make the seats so small in the first place. Cheap asses. This goes for all the airlines.
    Anonymous

• If you take up two seats, you damn well pay for two seats. Why should the airline take a loss because someone is severely obese?

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would have to agree with Bexi. I wouldnt want someone sitting right next to me and them coming onto my seat..how uncomfortable
    lala83girl

Answer by lala83girl at 3:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• later you will pay extra because you are to tall or because you used the bathroom or because you are ugly or anything they want to make money on.
    Anonymous

• United is not the only airline to do this. Southwest does this as well. I think it's necessary for safety reasons. I used to work for Southwest and this is a very uncomfortable situation to approach. Most overweight passengers are aware of this and purchase two seats ahead of time so they don't crowd the people next to them.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• There is just one more reason I will probably never fly. From what I hear the ladies on board are rude, the seats are small, it is expensive, if you look strange they will hold you up as a possible terrorist, they can make you sit on the strip for hours w/ no food or water, they no longer serve peanuts, and now they will dbl charge you if you are chunky...all the more reason to drive myself and stay on US mainland soil.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• 3:29 those would be totally illogical so NO it would not happen.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I see no problem with it. It's a business that operates based on weight capacity. Someone who takes up more than one seat should pay more... Do you think it is wrong that JCPenney charges more for the shirts same style shirt in Big and Tall that they sell for (less) in Regular mensware?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• wouldnt want someone sitting right next to me and them coming onto my seat..how uncomfortable

If I paid for the seat. I want my whole seat., I don't want someone encroaching into my seat .. PERSONAL SPACE (that I paid for!) :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't have a problem with this. If you take up 2 seats why should the airline lose money on your account? or why should another passenger be totally uncomfortable because you are taking up half their seat? If you need 2 seats then you should buy 2 seats.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 3:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2009