What do you do to help you drink water?

I drink dr pepper all day! I would say i drink about 2 bottles of water per week. If i don’t have dr pepper then i have sweet tea. well now that i am pregnant i know that i have to slow down on the dr pepper and drink more water but i just cant get past the boarding taste. any tricks or tips out there to drink more water?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I added sliced lemons and limes to my water when I was pregnant. I also used to mix a little fruit juice into sparkling water just for some added flavor.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 4:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Sugar free kool aid
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i used the crystal light packets that you just dump in a water bottle. Thats what worked for me.
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i drink a glass between my cokes. that way i slow down on the coke and have to drink the water. you could add lemon or lime juice to it (the little plastice ones they sell in the produce section are real lime/lemon juice) that gives it some flavor. or you could try the flavored waters but those have almost as much sugar as sodas sometimes.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i had that same problem actually but with mt dew. but i drink a ton of water now i cant even drink mt dew or any pop anymore .. i got those packets you put in your water so it had a taste to it. then eventually i got sick of those now i just drink water. its very hard. but you can do it :) i did it.
    mommy2be1308

Answer by mommy2be1308 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I never liked the taste of plain water but you can add a slice of cucumber to it which makes it fresher. You will have to make the switch though. Too much cola and coffee can lead to kidney stones and trust me, you don't want those.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You can add flavor packs to them. I switched to diet sprite. it gave me the zing i wanted from soda without the sugar and caffeine. i like iced water i cant drink plain water or bottled water. it has to have ice.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• yeah, don't have dr pepper or sweet tea in your fridge. make it so that you HAVE to drink water, cuz there is nothing in the fridge to drink. you can also use crystal light. also remind yourself that too much soda can give you GD and a big baby, and when i mean big, i mean like 10lbs...which was how big my son was. (i was a pepsi lover)
    Anonymous

• Its really important that you drink a lot of water! JUST water! Its so much healthier than anything else you could drink!

If you are going to use drink mixes beware of caffeine and artificial sweetners.

I always keep a glass or water bottle full and with me.
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 3:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i bought this littlle green water container its about 11/2 liters of water, i carry it full of water all the time with me, specially cause i spend a lot of hours on the computer, i just drink it all without noticing since my mind is on what im doing and not paying attention to the flavor or quantity i drink, once i finish drinking that one up i refill it again, i usually drink up tp 8 gallons of water a week by myself, that did the trick for me! :)
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 4:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009