I weigh 250 pounds.. And.

Hi. I weigh 250 lbs. I'm at that place where I cannot believe I got here!!! But I've completely changed my lifestyle.. Eating, Excercising.. EVERYTHING.. And I'm completely determind to be thin one day.. BUT Has anyone ever weighed this much at one point. Lost it all naturally.. No surgery, or major strict diet. And kept it off to just be thin? Does it happen that way.. Or once a chunckie. Always a chunckie?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First off, good for you for changing your lifestyle. Secondly, no, once big is not always big. You can keep the weight off by eating right and exercising. I use to be 120 and 5'7 before i had my kids. Now 3 years later i weigh 180. I also started exercising every afternoon and eating less junk foods. Im determined to loose 30 pounds by the end of this year. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• It will be a lot of hard work..And you will have to keep it up for the rest of your life. Look at Oprah. Up and down up and down..Now she has a screwed up thyroid because of it.
    I say eat right,,exercise..If the weight comes off fine,, if it doesnot fine .As long as you are healthy.

Answer by louise2 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My mom was like 255 and the past yr she is down to a 180 put she has been eatting less food on a plate and snack on these rice cakes been drink alot of water and takes walks and works so really she been doing great and i am such you will to hun.. just give it time and keep it up
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 3:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I did weight watchers for some time. I didn't really change what I ate a bunch but I totally changed my portions sizes and no going back for a second helping either. I started at 243 and got dow to 187. I lost from 4-8 lbs. per week and didn't excersice much besides playing with my son. Good Job Momma...good luck!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes, when I had my daughter I weighed 247. I spent most of my college and married life as a size 6, but then kinda lost control of things. 2 1/2 years after having my daughter, I am down to 168. I am still working on it and I think my ideal weight would be 120.

So, yes, you can do it--I did mine without surgery. I changed my portion size and tried to move more. Then I joined Weight Watchers and lost more. The important thing to me is I have been keeping the weight off. That's really key. Even if I hit a plateau, I haven't gained back more than 5 pounds. I have started taking pilates and running on the elliptical at our YMCA.

You have to find what works for you, but I know you can do it!
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 3:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i weighed 230. i lost a bunch because of stress. will power will do wonders!!! put your mind to it and you can and will accomplish anything you want!
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I was up to 220, now down to 204 and still losing. Slowly but surely is the best way to lose weight. Don't go on a crazy diet or anything. I made simple substitutions in food and started eating differently. First off, you should eat 5-6 smaller meals/snacks a day. In the mornings I like having either a 3 egg white omelet with sauteed onion and tomato with 2% cheddar and a slice of whole grain toast or a bowl of oatmeal made by cooking the oats with 1/2 apple juice and 1/2 water and 1 finely chopped apple. For lunch I like tuna salad made with 1 tsp Miracle Whip lite, 3 oz tuna, 1 sweet pickle, and 1 tbsp fine chopped onion on 6 Kashi party crackers or 1 cup whole grain pasta with 1/2 cup marinara. Dinner is usually 3 oz grilled, baked, or steamed chicken and steamed vegetables OR turkey chili/burritos made with ground turkey, etc. No beef, all white meat. It helps! It can be done though!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes you can do it through dedication to proper diet and lots of exercise. I went from about 200 to 148 in 15 months. I worked my butt off for it and I feel GREAT!!! I don't normally watch Dr. Phil, but tomorrow's show is dedicated completely to this subject--changing your lifestyle, healthy eating, exercise, weight loss, etc. There's supposed to be some guests on who have lost lots of weight naturally who will share their stories. It should be a good source for knowledge on where to get started, as well as inspiration. Good luck.
    Anonymous