Who can give me a home loan?

My husband and I are looking to buy our first home. We have so-so credit, but we have 10 grand to put down. We're looking to buy a 45,000 dollar home. My husband is a truck driver, but has only been at his current job for a year. I am a stay at home mom. Does anyone know of a company that might be willing to work with us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Were do you live..$45,000 is not going to get much of a house. Not even were I live. Try a Bank.. That's the only place I know of to get a loan.

Answer by louise2 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• 45,000 is enough for our modest purposes. We're not looking for a mansion. We live in a small town and believe me, it's enough. And thanks. We tried a bank. Perhaps I should have been more specific and asked about programs or mortgage brokers.
    Anonymous

• wells fargo financial....if there is one near you...it is the most amazing place..they really helped us!

Anonymous

• Not me, but thats besides the point. CITI FInancial, Your bank, or you can do online sites. They all do it based off your credit score and income and debt to income ratio. You have a shot with anyone its just a matter of finding something in that range. I live in Virginia beach so that wouldn't cover a garage around here.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would suggest Wells Fargo also, we went through them for our home loan (which was expensive) because around here at that time, we needed a regular sized 4 bedroom home, no frills, in a semi-decent area (no druggies or prostitutes on the corner), cost us $250,000. No kidding.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Wells Fargo online, if your credit is below 720, you will need at least 20% down, so you may not have enough for closing costs and they will ask for savings accounts verifications to show you can pay atleast 3 months house payments in the event of job loss. Sadly, you don't have enough saved up, but try them anyway you get $8000 in tax credits this year for being a first time home buyer. If you plan on spending 45K see if you cannot lowbid on a shortsale or foreclosure for something around 40K and you'll save some. Also, Wells Fargo can close within 10 days so that gives you more buyer force when submitting your contract offer.
    Anonymous

• You can check out http://urlmule.com/?2650  , you may can even get a no money down loan. Let me know how it works out.

WJC

Answer by WJC at 5:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009