has anyone noticed??

I was browsing through "Ask a Question" and noticed there are a lot of Anonymous mom's on here asking simple question(s). Now my question is this, are these moms addicted to the anonomous button or just not comfortable asking a question for fear of what someone else might say?

I'm sorry I have a hard time replying ot Anonymous Question askers....

I also wonder why? was the anonymous button ever added? Was that in hopes of getting more moms to talk? But how do you talk to a blank face? Honestly it could be anyone asking that question male or female?!?

Mommy2seven

Asked by Mommy2seven at 3:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• In my opinion since it's the internet we're all "blank faces" but in general there are actually a lot of reasons. Some people do it because they have family and friends here and they don't want them to know some personal stuff. It's easy to talk to others but that doesn't mean you want people you know to know your business. Some do it to be rude. Some do it to avoid people following them around on the 'net. Some do it because they post everything anonymously and that's the way it is. There are so many reasons!!!!
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• could be they're embarrassed or they're afraid of people judging them 'cause you know people do it.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 3:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't care about Anon postings as long as the question is in the first line so I know if I can help or not. Some people don't want to get PM's or a backlash regarding their question or answers so I am not off put by Anon. I do value most opinions in my questions.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm usually not one of the rude anons.... but really.... why do you care? really.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I answer anonymously, depends on the question.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i always post anon, im just shy, i know its the internet but still, its weird to me......
    Anonymous

• It was just a question...that's why I asked it... really... really
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 3:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm trying to figure out why everyone is so concerned about anons. There are some people that are overly cautious and don't like people looking at their profile or stalking them. Even though their screen name probably doesn't give away info about them, they see anon as another way to protect their privacy. So what? Besides, this is the internet...everyone's a blank face if you think about it.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Every body is a blank face in here really..Your Pic is just a Pic,,does not mean it has any thing to do with your life. Could just be a random pic of someone

Answer by louise2 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Why would a question be hard to answer just because the OP is anonymously? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 3:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009