whats the best way to make a smoothie?

recepes?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like to make mine with pineapple juice, fruit yogurt, frozen fruit, Sometimes add coconut.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I take 1 cup plain yogurt, 3/4 cup of fruit (I like raspberries and blueberries), 1/2 cup of any fruit juice (usually I use orange juice), and 1/2 cup of ice cubes. Then put it all in the blender until the ice is crushed and it's mixed well.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I toss in protein powder, a splash of OJ, milk, a banana, some frozen berries and a small bit of vanilla extract (sometimes spinach) and zip it up. You can add ice or yogurt to make it thicker.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I do Low-fat Vanilla Yogurt, fruit (usually strawberries and bananas), splash of orange juice and some ice.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I like to take a small container of low fat vanilla yogurt, about a cup of fruit, and some pineapple or orange juice, and maybe a little ice. Blend it all up, its yummy. I also sometime use vanilla frozen yogurt to make it more like a milk shake.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• 1 cpntainer of yogurt - any flavor
    add fruit (I like pineapple, peaches and strawberry) can be bought frozen in resealable bags
    splash of juice
    ice
    blend and enjoy!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I make mine with just juice and frozen fruit (no milk, yogurt or ice).
    I don't measure anything though.
    It's mostly OJ and pineapple juice with a splash or lemon or lime juice.
    Then mostly frozen peaches with some strawberries and raspberries. The fruit is frozen so it makes it super thick. I just mess with it until it tastes just right...all natural flavor, no added sugar or anything.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Love smoothies! I don't usually measure either. Most fruit and ice blended together tastes pretty good. :) I absolutely despise bananas in smoothies though. I just don't care for bananas period though unless it's in bread. I'm weird I guess. lol I add ground flax seed to most of mine too.

A mix of frozen berries, fresh oj, ice. Or some milk or yogurt instead of oj for a creamier one. Strawberries and frozen peaches. My new fave (that I've made 3 times in the past week) is frozen mango and pineapple chunks (maybe a cup of each?), a couple fresh strawberries, pineapple juice, a lil plain yogurt, and ice. Mmmm it's delish!

soldierswifey05

Answer by soldierswifey05 at 4:56 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The current favorite at our house is frozen blueberries, water, lemon juice, maple syrup. Our summer breakfast smoothie (we don't have a/c) is yoghurt, frozen blueberries, frozen banana, soy milk.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2009