Well when summer comes around my 6 yr olds nose gets very dry and he starts getting nose bleeds usually in the morning or @ night what can I use to stop this??

mommyttc

Asked by mommyttc at 4:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A cool mist humidifier. It will put the moisture back in the air. You can also use little noses nasal spray or drops.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• His little nasal passages are dry. Use a nasal spray and run a humidifier in his room at night. It should moisten them enough that it doesn't bleed. Good luck!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my ds does this too, and I do everything already mentioned and it has cut them down by at least half. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My children and I use a saline nasal wash by Neil Med. Look for it at a local pharmacy. It really helps with allergy season. It takes getting use to but it HAS REALLY helped.
    catlady08

Answer by catlady08 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Our Daughter had such bad nose bleeds she had to have surgery but before that, we did a saline spray and took a cotton swab covered in Vasaline and swabbed the inside of her nostrils. It worked quite well.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My son had seasonal allergies and when he is outside a lot he would sneeze and get really bad nose bleeds. I started him on a new nutritional product that has worked wonders. message me if you are interested.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 2:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009