Do you feel like american culture is missing some respect?(to elder people and pragnant)

Thruout my pragnancy I would take a bus home. Sometimes I'll be carrying bags with spopping, and only once some (european looking) guy gave his seat to me.
( i mean in the begining you can't tell, but at the end I was huge...)

And this other time an old man walked in, bus was full of teenagers that did'n even bother moving. I was 8.5 month prego and I got up to give him my seat.

And I remember thinking Don't we teach our teens any etiquette?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm 19 and I have better grammar and spelling compared to you. It's spelt "Pregnant" not "pragnant" and it's Shopping...not Spopping...

Sorry, terrible grammar puts me in bad moods!!! lol
    Anonymous

• yep! That's exactly what I mean!!!!
    Anonymous

• As a society we have no respect for one another. It has nothing to do with race or religion or if your pregnant or not. We all feel we are entitled to be comfortable wherever we go and if that means someone else is uncomfortable then so what. Children now days have no rules and are not taught them most of the time out of the parents fear of children services. Teenagers are really unaware the common courtesy to offer up their seat. Most of the time if you don't ask no one will offer. Older men and women will get up or a man or woman who has children. We are all extremely selfish as a whole. If you want a seat ask someone if you can have the seat.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• try typind with a baby in your arms! lol
    Anonymous

• see "typing" lol
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt be at the computer with my baby in my arms lol
    And i wasnt being mean...my cat is ALWAYS walking on my laptop while im typing but i hold him off with one hand and type with my other hand and my spelling is still fine.
    Anonymous

• I think its more than just that. Too often you stick your neck out to help someone to have them snap at you. Just the other day there was a pregnant woman talking about some b* little person offering to help her. Was that really necessary? Its becoming more and more common for folks to just not want to allow anyone to help for one strange reason or another.

Respect goes both ways. I'll help when it appears the person is open to receiving it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ooo i agree with Ginger :D
    i was trying to think of a way to answer this but Ginger answered it perfectly!

Respect goes both waysssss
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2009