Is he eating normal?

I have a 1 month old son (bottle fed) who is hungry every 2-3 hours during the day. At night he eats every 3-4 hours, is it normal for his appetite to change during the day or am I feeding him too much??

robbinsme

Asked by robbinsme at 4:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A baby will change its feedings according to its needs. Don't worry about it as long as he is eating at least 2 to 3 oz he will be fine. Sometimes they suck down 4 other times 2 is a chore and then sometimes they want 5 or 6. Its perfectly normal. Now if he refuses food for a period of time or goes down to an oz then contact your doctor. He should eat around 24 oz or so a day give or take.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My son is almost three months old and he eats 4 ounces every 2 hours and at night i put him down at 10 and he wakes up at 7am to eat so its normal.. when i wasn't feeding him so much during the day my doctor told me my son was under weight and i needed to feed him every 2 hours.
    MoMmYtObEtO1

Answer by MoMmYtObEtO1 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Oh he does NOT refuse food! We call him our little "Moo Cow" :) I was just wondering if i was over feeding him or mistaking his cries for being hungry. Thansk for the help ladies!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 4:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you're overfeeding, he would be spitting a LOT back up. You can't overfeed, seriously.

Feed on demand.

As for what he's taking, you eat more during the day than at night, right? (okay, so there are times I might have had my day and night tied, but we'll not discuss that! lol)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2009