• In the Spotlight:

Which is better for you/

2% milk, 1% milk, skim or soy?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Any but soy.
    Anonymous

• I use fat free milk because i am overwight. The 2%, 1% and fat-free are all the same except the milk fat has been removed. Meaning they took the equivilent to 2tlbs of butter a cup out. Soy has the same nutrients in it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The 1% is my favorite as far as flavor, but skim milk is slightly better for you. I would stick with 1% unless you want the equivalent of drinking a glass of water with a splash of milk taste wise!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My son and i both love the taste of fat free milk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Skimfor everyone over 1 year old unless you need to gain weight.
    Anonymous

• Up to 2 years old should be whole milk because it has the fats necessary for development of the brain, the 1% for over 2 unless like my daughter her pediatrician said she needs to gain weight and now I have to switch her back to whole milk he said.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• skim milk is the best for you . I like 1% the best.
    etetreault

Answer by etetreault at 7:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• skim is better for you b/c it has less fat. It sucks though. I cant go any lower than 2%, which is still alot healthier than wholemilk. No one over the age of 2 should be drinking whole milk unless they are underweight.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I drink only skim milk as does my son. It is best because of being fat free. Soy milk is just as good for you as cows milk, especially if you are lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy. My son was on 2% at 8 months and skim at about 7 yrs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I can drink skim but I can't use it on cereal. It is too watery for my taste. My favorite is 1%. Actually, my very favorite is CHOCOLATE!!!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009