any drs

ok so yes i am going to a shrink...been going for a long time..anxiety.depression.we had a really bad easter with the neighbors having a big party my parents being stupid.and all the such.so i go to therapy.i was very upset.ive only been seeing her for a short time cause my other drs wife got cancer..any way.everything i said she said...well i dont know what to say..about 10 times.i felt like saying ya tell me something.we started off at the beginning real strong she would talk to me and now,nothing,i dont know what happened.my husband even went in with me one time to see what was going on.shouldnt she be telling me something???anything..

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Health

• If you don't like your dr you should see someone new. Not all will be a match for you...I would ask around and get a recommendation frm someone in your area. I went to one and all she said was, "how did that make you feel?" I switched and got someone real with lots of experience and great advice. I think you should find someone new.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Not necessarily. Sometimes, it's about talking feelings out more than having someone tell you what you should do. If you don't feel comfortable with the therapist, find another one. Counseling will not work if you aren't comfortable with the therapist. I pulled my son from one because my son couldn't stand the man. He was unfriendly and not very good with kids. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009