Bitch bitch

Is it wrong to keep your child away from the toxic grandparents? Who constantly say horrible things about the parents

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope, I do.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Nothing at all wrong with that.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Why should a little kid have to deal and try to decipher bad messages. NO, keep her away from the stinky grandparents. Protect her.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• No. Protecting them from toxic people, and teaching them how to firmly and gently set strong personal boundaries in their life is much more valuable IMO. Subjecting them and yourself to selfish, abusive, hurtful, destructive people from some notion of "kindness" to the toxic people will either raise them with the idea that that's what they deserve in life, OR they'll rebel against it with a "never again!" approach to life. Neither one is balanced. It is possible to teach both compassion towards the toxic people AND clear, strong boundary setting... and those are both awesome lessons to learn.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have to agree with everyone, keep your kids away, and if they want to see your child, tell them to come to your house, or they can shove it haha =)
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 4:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i dont think there's anything wrong with it, why should a child have to be around such negativity? If I was you I'd do the same.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 4:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• nope. my inlaws are the same way. but dh acts like they are sooo perfect. i agree with everyone else. you are the parent you make decisions in your child life. and when they get older they will realize it for themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2009