Trying to reasonably split the chores amongst me, hubby, and son. Any ideas?

Ok. Daily things involve laundry, dishes,wipe counter and stove top, trash, sweeping, mopping, straightening up living room and bedrooms.
Every other day dusting, vacuuming (small area rug), toilet, kitchen sink.
Weekly wash sheets, clean tub, wash windows.

I work 30 hours a week, Hubby works 40 hours a week, son is 7.
We want to do this as fairly as possible. Thanks! As is, I do the kitchen and the bathroom, son vacuums and cleans own room. Hubby does the living room. He has decided that he isn't carrying enough weight (I have some medical complications so he thinks I am being overworked) and wants to even things up. We are sitting down tonight to decide what our final plan is. Thanks!

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• first I make a chart of the days of the week. Then fill in the chores where and when they need to get done. When I'm done with that, I go through and go through the list. A person gets one chore here, B person gets a chore there, and C person gets another chore here. Then I do it again, until every chore has a name. and everything is fairly distributed by day and chores.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Hubby does the yard work, trash and household fixes. Son can clean his room, bathroom and do dishes, take turns doing the laundry and cooking between you and the hubby and then split the rest. He dusts while you vacuum or vise versa.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Make a list of ALL the chores and sit down together to decide who will do what. Don't forget about things like preparing meals, doing the shopping, and paying the bills. Obviously there will be a lot of things that only the adults can take care of, but if they take time or energy put them on the list. You might even want to put down an estimate of how long each of the chores takes to complete or assign them difficulty ratings. It will be easier to fairly divide them if you all agree on what they are. good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009