A few questions for people who believe in only one way or one true religion, and that sort of thing. Any serious answerers are welcome, though.

First, please don't be offended. These are just questions that I have no one else to ask, especially since I'd like diverse answers. And please don't use a holy book reference, I'm looking for opinions, please. What religion do you believe is the one and only real/true religion? Why do you believe it? What do you believe will happen to you when you die? What about people who don't follow your religion? What happens to them? Do you believe in a hell? Christians, do you ever think that your God is very cruel/childish/selfish/mean or anything else like that (ex.: creating his son to be tortured and die)? How about anyone from any other religions? Do you believe that your God is equally male and female/no gender? Do you believe reincarnation is possible? Why do you think there is suffering? Is legal marriage necessary, or is committing to someone enough? Is sex a sin? What do you think of other religions? Anything else? Thanks.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in one "true" religion. I think its all about how you live that matters. I believe this b/c everyone has different experiances and spiritual needs. If humans can be so diverse (but yet, the same), then why can't their religions be as well?

I think when we die, we can choose to be reincarnated or stay in "heavan". We can come and go as we please.

I don't really know if I believe in an actual hell or if this is as close as we come to it.

I think that my creator is both male and female (or there are 2 of them). Since the universe has a balance in everything, then so would my creator/s.

The balance of the universe has to include suffering so that we may know joy. "Without darkness, there can be no light".

I believe that marriage is in the heart and what you decide is right for you (paper, no paper, more than 2 people, whatever) is fine with the creator.

Sex is not a sin!

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No help from me, I don't believe any religion is the "true" religion.
    Also, I think you have too many separate questions here...JMO.
    Anonymous

• What religion do you believe is the one and only real/true religion? None but I do believe Jesus is the way the truth and the life. It is about a relationship with Jesus.
    Why do you believe it? Because I know Jesus Loves Me and died for me and His finished work on the cross was for me and for the entire world.
    What do you believe will happen to you when you die? I will spend eternity in the Kingdom of Heaven
    What about people who don't follow your religion? That is their choice.
    What happens to them? Eternal death & forever separated from God. Without God there is no life.
    Do you believe in a hell? Yes I do.
    Christians, do you ever think that your God is very cruel/childish/selfish/mean or anything else like that (ex.: creating his son to be tortured and die)?
    No I have never thought God was cruel or mean, it was out of LOVE that Christ chose to give up His love as a ransom for many. It was the only way to restore what
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• what was broken at the Garden of Eden It was to reconcile and restore fellowship with the Father through the Son.
    Do you believe that your God is equally male and female/no gender? God is neither male nor female.
    Do you believe reincarnation is possible? No
    Why do you think there is suffering? Sin enter the world through the deception of the snake and Adam and Eve allowing the door to be opened by unbelief in God’s word.
    Is legal marriage necessary, or is committing to someone enough?
    Is sex a sin? Sex is a sin outside of marriage or before marriage. Otherwise no it is not.
    What do you think of other religions? I think many are deceived. Remember you asked for my opinion J
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• What religion do you believe is the one and only real/true religion? Jehovah's Witnesses

Why do you believe it? because of my study of the Bible.

What do you believe will happen to you when you die?I'm gone, no longer exist until the resurrection.

What about people who don't follow your religion? all who have die will be resurrected to learn about God because death pays the price of sin therefore your not judged by what you do without true knowledge of God unless it's a Judgment period like in Noah's time OR with Lot at S&G.

What happens to them?answered above.

Do you believe in a hell? The Burning Eternally Tormenting place? NO.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Christians, do you ever think that your God is very cruel/childish/selfish/mean or anything else like that (ex.: creating his son to be tortured and die)? No, but that's because Jesus was willing to give to us what would save us

How about anyone from any other religions?I believe they are being mislead by Satan as the Bible says he misleads the world.

Do you believe that your God is equally male and female/no gender?No gender but he speaks to us in terms we understand, male as in strength

Do you believe reincarnation is possible?No

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• . What religion do you believe is the one and only real/true religion? Not one true religion but I believe there is one universal truth/ destination.

Why do you believe it? Because it is what makes sense to my heart, mind and soul.

What do you believe will happen to you when you die? I will go to the other side/heaven/nirvana

What about people who don't follow your religion? They will all end up in the same destination regardless of religion.

Do you believe in a hell? nope.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Christians, do you ever think that your God is very cruel/childish/selfish/mean or anything else like that (ex.: creating his son to be tortured and die)?n/a How about anyone from any other religions? God is perfect and has no human tendencies etc.

Do you believe that your God is equally male and female/no gender? This is something I don't try to destinguish. God is God and has no human characteristics etc.

Do you believe reincarnation is possible? Not only do I believe it is possible, I feel it is a certainty.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Why do you think there is suffering? For learning, experience and life journies.

Is legal marriage necessary, or is committing to someone enough? No, legal marriage is not necessary. The level of commitment in each relationship is totally different in each relationship. Is sex a sin? No. It is human nature. What do you think of other religions? They are not for me.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Why do you think there is suffering?because Adam chose to life outside God's laws and rule himself, we suffer from his choice that caused us to be imperfect.

Is legal marriage necessary, or is committing to someone enough? Legal according to the law of the land each person lives in.

Is sex a sin? only if it's with someone your not married to, it was not ever meant to be a sin within the marriage arrangment even with Adam and Eve sex was never a sin.

What do you think of other religions? they are not correct, not according to God's will as stated in the Bible. but I don't go around condemning others for what they believe, I only look for those who want to learn what the Bible teaches.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009