Am I pregnant???

I am 20 years old and I just got off the depo shot. I have been having unprotected sex the whole time and now that my shot is done my body has been acting funny. I have been having stomach aches sometimes between 8 and 10pm. my period lasted 2 and 1/2 weeks and now i am spotting 4 days later. about 2 weeks ago my breasts were really tender. I am eating all the time now average about 5-7 times a day cuz i feel hungary. and my stomach is starting to get hard kinda. I took a store test and it said negative so i dont know what to do

ray_ray_des

Asked by ray_ray_des at 4:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• How are we supposed to know? Think about it
    Anonymous

• Sounds to me like your body is just adjusting to being off the hormones. BUT im not a doctor...so if you think you may be it might be best to take a test.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 4:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Sorry just re-read it and it says you took a test...in that case I say its defiantly just your body changes from coming off the shot.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 4:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• banging head into wall

Anonymous

• If you just got off the shot it is normal for your body to change and react differently. Wait another week and test again. It can take up to 6 months or a year to get the depo out of your system depending on the time you were on it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't think you're pregnant. Your body is probably just reacting to you getting off the shots since it was probably used to it already. Plus, usually in early pregnancy you would feel too nauseous to eat and have an appetite like that.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'd say you are not. And unless you are trying then find some way to have protected sex. If you are trying then just wait it out and let your body adjust.
    Anonymous

• Well one girl I used to work with wanted a baby after getting off the shot, she was told it couldnt happen for a few months. But the Dr. was wrong and she got pregnant less then a month after being off the shot. You could or couldnt IDK. I was never on the shot, but I had to take 3 pregnancy tests to have one positive. All after I had missed my first period. I didnt find out til I was 8 wks prego.
    Jenn8604

Answer by Jenn8604 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Wow. I agree with anon :54
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• dont bash on ppl for asking ?? you do not have to answer they just want to know ppls opion and im sure everyone would rather not have a reply from you basheres than have you talkin trash b/c they asked a ?? atleast thats how i feel
    blackjan29

Answer by blackjan29 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009