Should I switch from my current pediatrician or not?

My daughter has a great pediatrician. But there's something about her that bugs me. She comes in the office 30 to 45 minutes after the child's appointment and then only spends 5 minutes with well patients and 10 minutes(if you're lucky) with sick babies. Plus she getting script happy.

MommyRayne84

Asked by MommyRayne84 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Health

• I would change. Our Dr. may come in a while after, but, he will stay with even the well ones forever. My son had to get a physical for BoyScout camp and that dr spent time even talking about school and grades.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you don't feel comfortable with her then switch. I would, but I'm super picky when it comes to my child's Pediatrician.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I agree. It sounds like she is over booked, which leads to a crappy appointment for you.

Our ped won't give a med unless they really need it. I would switch if you can.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would change. I actually switched all my kids to my Family Doctor when the youngest was 5.

A lot of pediatrian places were getting like that- pushing through as many patients as they can- writing more and more scripts--- money.

we had a GREAT pedioatrician for a while, (he's actually who I went to as a chhild) but he just wasn't making enough money to continue. He switched to working at an Urgent Care
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would change too. If I don't like the dr. or something is just off i switch. We just switched too.: D
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you are uncomfotable, then switch. I love my sons pediatrician. He takes the time to get to know the kids, he asks questions about school, friends, sports, etc. He doesn't write of prescriptions unless they are needed. He is concerened about what is going on in their lives. My son's father came back after 13 yrs of no contact and we told the doc, the doc asked all kinds of questions to make sure my son was taking it ok. He said if there are any issues to call him or have my son see a counselor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I believe in instinct. If you do not feel positive about your visits....think about a change. Ask friends who they use and why.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 9:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009