Any advice?

How would you handle this?
A woman's son has been coming to my house everyday for the past couple weeks to play with my son after daycare because she works longer hours. I have been changing her son's diapers 2 times a day and she does not supply me with diapers. What should i do? I am spending like double than i need to on diapers for my son's friend. Any advice?

MommySue64

Asked by MommySue64 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would tell her that you need replinishment because he is using your son's diapers. Or try not changing it and tell her that she must have forgotten to bring his diapers. that if she would bring some, you will change him at your house too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• why is he coming to your house? weres his sitter? are u the sitter? if so then i would just say im gonna need a few diapers for him i have been useing my sons diapers so it would be helpful to have a couple of his.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think it would be best to come right out and ask her to give you back the diapers you used so far and that if she wants you to watch him she needs to give diapers. It sounds harsh, but she wouldn't send him to daycare without diapers. Diapers cost too much for what you have been doing.
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would say that she needs to send some diapers because her son has been using yours and you are spending double on diapers
    etetreault

Answer by etetreault at 7:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would definitely speak to her. It might seem like an awkward conversation to bring up, but remember that she is being very inconsiderate- not paying you for child care and taking advantage of you by not bringing her child's diapers.
    Let her know that you've been changing his diapers with your own, because you're not comfortable letting him go without a diaper change. If she doesn't volunteer to correct her own behavior, I would make an excuse to end the play dates. The children get to play at school, so you're not hurting them, and you would be standing up for yourself.
    KristenDanielle

Answer by KristenDanielle at 7:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009