Has anyone every hemmoragged after giving birth?

I hammoragged immediately after giving birth to my daughter. I lost so much blood that I had to have three units of blood transfused into my body. I nearly almost died as I was released from the hospital with a pulse of 135 and was readmitted a day later after I passed out on my bedroom floor and was very close to death. My pulse was at 177 I was told by my Dr. that it is pretty rare for women to hemmorage that bad after giving birth and I was just wondering if anyone here on cafemom has had the same situation to them.

mrsmendoza2006

Asked by mrsmendoza2006 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My neighbor did. She did right after the baby was born and then again 2 hours later. They sewed her up twice and then 6 hours later again. She was in the hospital for 6 days because of it. It finally stopped when her baby was 4 days old and they keep her to make sure because each time they started to release her she started again.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I did about a week after he was born. had to go to the ER
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I did right after birth with my first and had to get 2 units of blood. I did some research and found out that the method the doc used to birth my placenta was most likely the reason. She waited 15 minutes after birth and then took my babe away from the breast and pushed on my stomach until the placenta came out. With the second I had a wonderful midwife who did nothing like that and I hardly bled at all. She simply tugged a little on the umbilical cord about 30 minutes after birth while I was nursing babe and said nope not yet and came back about 30 minutes later and tuged a little and said okay give me one big push and out it came. Okay so a little graphic. both birhts were similiar and all natural with no pain meds or pitocin or anything.
    Anonymous